To access the Internet services through the Netgear WiFi extender, you are required to connect it to the router. But, sometimes users may come across issues that create trouble and restrict them in establishing a connection with their router. So, here we have come up with the reasons behind the issue along with their solutions to make your task easier. Just have a look in the below section. You may find the information helpful.
Reasons: EX3700 Extender Not Connecting to Router Issue
- Users might be using an old Ethernet cable for connecting their WiFi Devices. It might be worn out or damaged.
- A damaged wall socket can cause an improper power supply due to which you will stuck with an issue.
- The EX3700 WiFi extender is positioned away from the router. Hence, not getting the proper signals.
- There might be a distraction between the transmission of WiFi signals.
- Using the wrong web address is also one of the reasons for getting this kind of issue.
- You might be using an old version of your Netgear WiFi extender firmware.
- Improper Netgear EX3700 setup.
- Using an outdated version of the Internet browser is also one of the reasons for getting the error.
Solution: EX3700 Extender Not Connecting to Router Issue
Inspect your Ethernet Connection
Before heading further, users must be required to check the Ethernet cable through which they are establishing a connection between their Internet devices. Chances are the Ethernet cable they are using for connection of their WiFi devices might be damaged. If that’s the case, then users need to replace the Ethernet cable with a new one.
Check the Power Source
You must be required to check the power socket to which your WiFi is connected for getting power. Sometimes broken or short circuit power sockets disrupt the power supply and you get stuck with the EX3700 not connecting to router issue. To resolve the issue, users must switch to another wall socket to bring their devices a sufficient power supply.
Ideal Placement of your Devices
Inappropriate placement of your Netgear WiFi extender can cause the issue. So, always
position your Netgear WiFi extender within the range of your router to receive sufficient WiFi signals.
Important Note: We suggest users to use the wired connection between their router and extender while performing a new extender setup to minimize the issue.
Verify the Web Address
Users sometimes accidentally enter the wrong web address of their Netgear WiFi extender and are unable to configure their Netgear WiFi extender with the router. So, always cross-check the URL you have entered for accessing the Netgear WiFi extender login page.
Avoid WiFi Interference
Devices such as refrigerators, cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, and other smart appliances can create disturbance as they emit radiofrequency. So, always place your Netgear WiFi extender away from such devices to avoid interference. Also, avoid your Netgear WiFi extender placing in corners or reflexive surfaces.
Upgrade your Extender Firmware
Check if your extender’s firmware is updated to its latest version. If not, then you are required to update the firmware of your Netgear WiFi extender. Using an outdated version of firmware obstructs you from connecting your WiFi extender with the router.
Reset your Netgear EX3700 Extender
If you are still facing the issue, we suggest you perform a default factory reset of your Netgear WiFi extender to resolve the issue. Here are the steps through which you can easily reset the settings of your Netgear WiFi extender.
- First and foremost, you need to make sure that your Netgear WiFi extender is getting the proper power supply.
- Then, look for the Reset button on your WiFi extender.
- Once located, press and hold the button till the LED starts blinking.
- Finally, your Netgear WiFi extender will reboot automatically and restore to the default factory settings.
Now, try connecting your all WiFi enabled devices to Netgear_ext SSID after finishing the setup process.
In this manner, you can easily resolve the EX3700 extender not connecting to the router issue.