Erectile dysfunction is one of the topics men don’t feel comfortable talking about. However, such a sensitive dysfunction can’t be ignored, and it requires clear information about the causes, the symptoms, the treatments, and other relevant details. This article will discuss everything to introduce this dysfunction briefly and accurately. Click here to find the review of Bluechew.
Erectile Dysfunction Definition
Erectile dysfunction, also known as (ED) is defined as the inability to maintain a penile erection long enough to satisfy a partner in a sexual relationship. Erectile dysfunction might be in 3 forms:
- not having an erection at all despite having a normal sex drive
- having an erection for a short time that’s insufficient for a sexual relationship
- having an erection that’s soft and not firm enough to achieve satisfaction in a sexual relationship
Erectile dysfunction happens due to trouble with blood flowing in the penis or a harmed nerve.
Symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction
When men have erectile dysfunction, they start changing their behavior:
- showing signs of low self-esteem that was not normal for them before
- lack of communication with their friends and family and trying to avoid meetings at all cost
- increase in arguments and trouble in relationship with partners
- isolation and preferring to spend time alone
Reasons for an Erectile Dysfunction
There are two main causes of erectile dysfunction. The first one is psychological, and the other is physical.
The Psychological cause is due to various factors, including:
- overthinking about something day and night
- work or school pressure
- anxiety and stress over anything happening in life
- having trouble with the partner in the forms of arguments, communication issues, and fighting constantly
- depression due to other reasons not related to erectile dysfunction
The physical cause is due to various factors, including:
- taking a medication for something else that could be affecting the healthy erection.
- smoking could be a leading cause of erectile dysfunction
- addiction to alcohol or drugs
- having blood pressure issues and heart diseases
- having other types of serious diseases that require serious attention
Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
Erectile dysfunction might happen only once then everything goes back to normal. In that case, there is nothing to do. If the erectile dysfunction is happening repetitively, that is a sign of something serious and requires consulting a doctor. Doctors are the best to start with. Simple explain everything happening and seek medical help. The doctors might change medication for something else or prescribe a new one.
Myths About Erectile Dysfunction
- Erectile dysfunction happens only to older men aged 60 and over. The truth is it’s not an age thing.
- Erectile dysfunction is related to how attractive is the sexual partner. The truth is, it happens even while feeling a strong sexual drive.
- Erectile dysfunction doesn’t require medical attention, and specialists can cure it easily. The truth is, doctors are the best to start with, as the dysfunction might be relevant to some other health issue.
- Erectile dysfunction is only a psychological issue and doesn’t have any physical causes. The truth is, there are many non-psychological causes.
- Erectile dysfunction doesn’t require severe medication or health assistance. It might require changing medications or some serious medical help, especially in some cases.
Statistics about erectile dysfunction
- 40% of men experienced erectile dysfunction at the age of 40
- 70% of men experienced erectile dysfunction at the age of 70
- 11% of men experienced erectile dysfunction at the age of 30
- 15% of men under 40 who experience erectile dysfunction seek medical help for the issue, while others preferred not to talk about it
- the total number of men affected by erectile dysfunction in the United States is 18 million
Having an erectile dysfunction doesn’t mean you’re not capable of having sex ever again. It’s a dysfunction, and when treated correctly, things will be back to normal.
Never underestimate the importance of psychological health in having a healthy erection. In addition, your bad habits like smoking and drugs can cause a lot of issues to your body, including badly affecting your erection.
Don’t feel ashamed if it happened to you, and talk it over with your partner without hiding anything because it’s just like any other health issue in life.