Users of QuickBooks often deal with the QuickBooks update error H505. Are you also one of them? Welcome to the QuickBooks community. We understand how frustrated it could be dealing with an update problem in the middle of work. Therefore, we have prepared this article to take you out of this mess. We will be discussing ways to resolve these issues using QuickBooks database server manager updates.
QuickBooks error code H505 is one of the most common update errors in the software. The software is improving itself with every passing year, but yet the users have to deal with many stubborn errors. Some of them could even damage the data, which eventually leads to data loss. Therefore, it is required to remove the issue as soon as possible to avoid any kind of further problems. Without further ado let jump into the article. Please, consider reading all the sections thoroughly without skipping.
QuickBooks error code H505
The error code H505 QuickBooks generally occurs due to the poor set-up of the computer or installation. The H series errors appear due to hosting-related problems. The error code displayed on the screen if you are using the software is more than one device. While experiencing the error, you may receive the error message:
Error Code: H505
Error Description: This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error H505
If you are not sure which QuickBooks errors are you facing right now, then read the below points to make sure.
- You can not use the software as multi-mode.
- The software might get damaged.
- You might experience a change in the system.
- The windows you are using could be unresponsive.
- You may even fail to save the QuickBooks company file.
- The QuickBooks error code H505 displayed on the screen.
Causes of QuickBooks Error H505
Below is the list of the reasons that might have triggered the error code H505 in your system.
- The firewall might block the outgoing and incoming communication of the company file.
- You can scan the files of QuickBooks using the Database Server on the server.
- The error may have been caused due to missing or damaged files.
- QuickBooks DBXX service is not running.
- The configuration setting of the hosting could be incorrect or improper.
- Wrong DNS settings could also be one of the reasons.
Fix the Error Code H505 QuickBooks
After understanding the signs and causes of the error, it is time to resolve the issue from the system. Follow each of the steps very carefully to get rid of the problem.
Method 1: Check the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service
In order to resolve the problem from your system, it is important to consider QuickBooks database Server Manager updates. Below are the steps:
- Make sure that you have started the QBCFMonitor and QuickBooksDBXX service.
- To start the service click on the Start button or hit the Windows button. You can also press the keys Windows + R on the keyboard to open the Run tab.
- Then search for the window “service.msc” on the Run box.
- Hit the Enter button.
- Scroll the service window and look for the file QuickBooksDBXX service.
- If you could not find out, then visit the QuickBooksDBXX service using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager update.
- Try to install QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- After completing the above step, select and confirm the hosting.
- Choose the Startup Type AUtomatic.
- On the option, QUickBooksDBXX, click twice and start the service.
- After that hit the Recovery icon.
- Select the button, Restart the Service from the menu: First failure, Second failure, and Subsequent failure.
- Restart the service QuickBooksDB by restarting the computer.
- Select the button Apply and click the OK choice.
- For the QBCFMonitor service follow the same steps.
- Now try to open the multi-user workstation.
Method 2: Using File Doctor
The QuickBooks File Doctor is an amazing tool that can be used to resolve almost all kinds of errors from your system.
- First of all, you need to download or install the QuickBooks file doctor on the server computer.
- To get the tool you can visit the official website of the QuickBooks software.
- After successful installation, run the tool on your device.
- Let the tool find the issue and solve it.
- The process may take time to complete, wait for some moment.
- Open the QuickBooks software and check if you are still getting the same error or not.
Along with that, we have to the end of the article. We have discussed the most useful method to resolve the QuickBooks error code H505. Hopefully, the solutions have also helped you to fix the problems from your system as well. However, if you are still getting the same or some other issue then take professional help. Go to the official website of Intuit QuickBooks and access the helpline number of the support team. The support team is extremely helpful and guides you through all the suitable steps. You can contact them anytime 24X7.