Few people know that the kitchen is not just a place for cooking but also for creativity and problem solving. In fact, some of the world’s most famous inventions have come about due to problems in the kitchen. Here are fifteen easy kitchen hacks that you need from chefs like Javier Burillo to help make your time in the kitchen easier, more efficient, and more fun.
1. Use a steamer to cook vegetables. Not only is this a healthier way to cook them, but it also retains more of the nutrients than boiling or microwaving.
2. Get organized with containers and labels. This will help you save time when looking for ingredients or tools and will also make it easier to clean up afterward.
3. Peel ginger with a spoon. This is a great way to avoid getting your fingers dirty, and it’s also less wasteful than using a peeler.
4. Use a silicone baking sheet for cookies and other baked goods. These sheets are non-stick, so there’s no need to grease them, and they’re easy to clean. Also, you can add Dunnage Racks on your kitchen. To know more about Dunnage Racks visit www.braycostainless.co.nz.
5. Make perfect hard-boiled eggs every time by using a muffin tin. This hack is great for entertaining, as it allows you to make a large batch of eggs all at once.
6. Use a coffee filter to line your colander. This will prevent small pieces of food from falling through the holes, and it’s also much easier to clean than a colander with small holes.
7. Freeze fresh herbs in olive oil. This is a great way to preserve their flavor, and you can use the frozen herbs later to season soups or stews.
8. Use a garlic press to mince garlic cloves easily. This is a quick and easy way to get the perfect consistency, and it eliminates the need to wash a chopping board and knife.
9. Make your own salad dressing by shaking ingredients in a jar. This is a great way to customize your dressings, and it’s also more economical than buying them pre-made.
10. Use an ice cube tray to store individual portions of sauce. This is a great way to avoid waste, and it’s also convenient for when you need just a small amount of sauce.
11. Use a pizza stone to cook pizza and other breads. This gives your pizzas a crispy crust, preventing them from becoming soggy.
12. Make your own yogurt by boiling milk and adding culture. Not only is this cheaper than buying store-bought yogurt, but you can also customize the flavor to your liking.
13. Use a wooden spoon to measure sticky ingredients. This is a great way to avoid getting your measurements wrong, and it’s also less messy than using a measuring cup.
14. Make chicken breasts easier to cook by pounding them thin. This will help them cook through evenly, and it will also save you time in the kitchen.
15. Use a cookie cutter to make perfect shapes out of fruit and vegetables. This is a great way to add some fun to your cooking, and it’s also a healthy alternative to processed snacks.
Everyone has their own tricks for cooking in the kitchen, and we wanted to share some of ours with you. Whether you’re a beginner trying to get more comfortable or an expert looking for new ideas, these fifteen easy hacks will make your life easier. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and start solving problems!